Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rock, Rock til you Drop

The week is here, the excitement is building, the checklist is growing.  On Thursday we head south to Knebworth for our first rock festival with the kids.  Yep, you read it right, with the kids.  Originally we were only taking the eldest and the boy.  However, after seeing several of Captain Chaos' escape attempts we decided that after several days of being at my folks she'd probably try to escape.  So the feeling that having her close at hand with 4 pairs of eyes to watch her is going to minimise the bids for freedom.

So what's the event?  We're going to the Sonisphere festival.  Three days and more rock bands than you can shake a stick at finishing with the big draw for me. Iron Maiden.  I've lost count of the number of I've seen them but never, ever been disappointed by them.  On top of that there is a whole host of bands that I'm looking forward to seeing.  The German industrial metalists Rammstein who I believe put on an amazing show, Alice Cooper, Iggy and The Stooges, Anthrax and Slayer.  The list goes on and on. 

I'm pretty sure that by the time we get home on Monday we'll all be shattered and totally rocked out.  I shall no doubt comment here and post a few photographs of the event.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home